No More Dirty Coal Electricity at Globe HQ
The new system will offset 366 tons of carbon in the first year. Generating over 342 megawatt hours of electricity. Which is about 80% of the energy currently consumed by the site. The remaining 20% will be offset by 'Green Power', which is power completely sourced from other renewable energy sources on the grid, and overseen by Government authority.
The switch to fully renewable power at our head office is just another step forward for Globe, and we're taking decisive action to represent the values and priorities of our staff and founders. To that effect, we have partnered with the National Forest Foundation (NFF) to donate to their tree-planting program. Globe’s yearly donations to the NFF help plant more than three times the amount of trees we harvest annually in making our skateboards.
The NFF is a United States non-profit organisation that launched an ambitious campaign to plant 50 million trees across public National Forests between 2018 and 2023. The NFF partners with the United States Forest Service to target National Forests impacted by wildfire, pests and other disturbances. Globe is proud to be making a contribution towards that effort.